Tuesday, February 20, 2018

"Carrot" for a Smooch?

     I think we all 'care' for smooches if they come from the right person but this image led me to a bit of word play with the sentiment.  Just look at the expressions on the faces of these two bunnies!

     The image is from Sasayaki Glitter and is for their FB Progressive Challenge.


    The image is colored with ProMarkers, and cut with a stitched square die from Lawn Fawn.  I inlaid the image piece into another die cut piece (QuicKutz.)   This is something new for me.  I've done inlaying of die cuts before but this is the first time I've tried inlays using unrelated die sets.  Always before, I've either used only one die (inlaying it into a background piece also cut with the same die) or used different size dies from the same set.  But this time I inlaid it into a die cut from a completely different company.  I like the results and will probably use this new technique quite a bit.

    I layered that entire piece onto a scrap of grunged-up, 12" x 12" paper left over from another project I finished a week or so ago.  It was still lying on my craft table so I just used it.  :-D  I added sheer, gold ribbon and tied an accordion-fold bow from a little scrap of wide, beige, fabric, ribbon.  The sentiment was printed and put on top of a die cut border piece (also QuicKutz.)

     Challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers
Creates and Makes
Ike's World
Lawn Fawnatics
Simon Says Stamp & Show
Simon Says Stamp
Unicorn

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

The expression on their face is hilarious! Too cute!!! Love the little rabbits and your card is so pretty. Great way to use those dies. The sentiment.....CUTE!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

LOL, the expression on their faces is just so cute! I love the sentiment too! Enjoy your day!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Super card, just love the expression on the cute little bunny and a great sentiment. Beautifully done background.Thank you for sharing with us at Unicorn and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree those faces are a delight, beautiful colours Connie.
Faith
x

Borqna said...

Such a beautiful card, bravo Connie!
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Good luck!

Glenda Atkins said...

What a delightful 'love' card Connie. just too darn cute! So glad you shared with us at Crafty Cardmakers, Hope you are doing well.
hugs
Glenda

Emma Williams said...

What a darling card, this is just adorable and so beautifully coloured! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! x

Judy McKay said...

Very cute card. Love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Creative Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your pretty artwork back here again soon. Judy DT

ike said...

FABulous - great colouring on the funny image and I love the card layout design :-)
Thank you for coming along to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Sall said...

This is extra adorable I love it. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT