Wednesday, January 3, 2018

White Flowers on Black

     I needed a quick January Birthday card and my stock of feminine cards was getting pretty low. 

     This was a fast and simple card done with die cuts, white ink pad, stamped individual letters for the sentiment, pearls, and layered or glittered hand-made flowers.  I started with a black scrap of CS and layered on the green die cut (Memory Box.)  I used one of my very old, hand punches (maker unknown) to punch out the butterfly shapes from the black CS.

     I dug through my flower petal dies (Spellbinders, Sizzix, Memory Box) and scrap papers, looking for different texture and shades of white.  I chose mulberry paper, glittered CS, and watercolor paper, then die cut each of those a couple of times.  My flower dies also emboss the petals so that added to the texture of the layers. 

     I found several loose half-pearls in my stash and used those for the centers of the flowers.  I found my white ink pad and two sets of individual alphabet stamps (which allowed me to mix and match for my sentiment.)

     The final embellishment touch was the row of black pearls along the sentiment.

     Challenges:
Card Mania
CCC Digis
Country View Crafts
Crafty Awesomeness
Creatalicious
Die Cut Divas
Dies R Us
Love to Scrap
Not Just Cards

     That's all I have for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Darlene said...

This is just beautiful Connie! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Donna Ellis said...

Happy New Year! Looks fabulous, Connie, and perfect for the women friends in your life.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is Gorgeous Connie, quite dramatic, I love the green and white on the dark background.
Faith
x

Sue said...

This is so pretty and elegant Connie, really lovely! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy new year. Sue xx

Evelyn Walter said...

A good way to make a quick card! The die cuts are popping against the black background.
Thank you for sharing your work with us at Country View Challenges! Happy New Year! x Evelyn

Arlene said...

So pretty. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Barbara said...


Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Shuly said...

Such an elegant card ! How pretty ! Thank you so much for sharing at Love to Scrap!

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional wishes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…