Monday, November 13, 2017

Mother and Child

     It's the letter "M" for today's challenge in the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.  We're half way through the alphabet and I've played every day!  Having missed out on it completely last year, I'm really proud of myself for accomplishing that much this year.

     I decided on Mary for my "M" but it could also be Mother and Child or Madonna and Child, and of course, there's always the Manger.  Clearly this is a Nativity image from Beccy's Place and I added one of the shepherds from the set.  The sentiment is also from the set.


     I printed the image on some scrap CS, colored it with watercolor pencils and ProMarkers, then cut it to size on my paper cutter.  I used a Fiskars corner punch on all 4 corners, then did a black Mat for it (also a scrap saved from the trash can) the same way.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment, matted it with yet another tiny scrap, and hand cut again.

     The silver ribbons were in my stash and both are left over pieces from other projects.  Not a bad CAS card made entirely from saved snippets.  :-D

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Beccy's Place
Crafty Addicts
Glitter n Sparkle
Outlawz CAS
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pixie's Snippets
Sisterhood of Crafters

     A new week has started and we're just 6 weeks now until Christmas.  For those in the USA, Thanksgiving is next week - Yikes!  Too much still to do in that more or less 10 days, not the least of which is my youngest granddaughter's Sweet 16 Birthday to be celebrated this coming Friday.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card!!

Beccy said...

You've done a great job keeping up with the challenge this month NC, good on you! You'll have a lovely stash of Christmas cards by the time it's all over.
I love the gorgeous ribbon you used on your card, the silver spots are beautiful! I also like the way you've laid out the images so the shepherd appears to be looking at baby Jesus. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Angie's, good luck!!! Amy DT

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL Connie! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Let the Sparkle Fly’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Di said...

Gorgeous card Connie, what a perfect image and great colouring too. I do love the corner punch you used - I think all too often we go for our dies when a punch is so effective as an alternative. Brilliant snippets make

Hugs

Di xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie. I love the image and of course you just know I love the beautiful bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is beautiful. what a lovely image. hugs, Teresa

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Such a beautiful image and so well coloured too. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters and we hope to see your beautiful creations again soon! Hugs Gwendolyn

AlisonC said...

Those punched corners are really effective. I'll try and remember that idea. x AlisonC Snippets GD

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in The Crafty Addicts Challenge this time and good luck :)