Sunday, August 20, 2017

Empty Dish

     Hmmmm, chickens on Friday and cats on both Saturday and Sunday!  But then, I love cats -- and I love Sami Stamps, and I love card making so this one was a natural.  It also reminds me of Honey Cat (see sidebar) who has gotten rounder and rounder and rounder and still gives me 'that look' !


     I colored Fat Cat, excuse me, Round Cat with my ProMarkers and cut the image with a simple circle die from QuicKutz.  I used another QuicKutz die to cut the polka dot dp and a Memory Box die to cut the bright pink dp, then inlaid them behind the cat.  The sentiment and both matting pieces behind it were cut with a smaller die from that same Memory Box set.

     I added everything to a black card front, found three tiny, sparkly flowers and a bright pink butterfly (also very tiny) and used those for embellishment, leaving the overall design pretty CAS.  This was one of those quick and easy, git 'er done cards that I am going to send to a kid I know who is also a cat lover and who will appreciate it with childish delight.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Perfect time to Craft
Colour Crazy
Die Cut Divas
Love to Scrap
Not Just Cards
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Paper Creator
Polkadoodles
Sami Stamps
Take It, Make It

     I hope you're having a fantastic weekend and that the weather is good wherever you are.  If it's lousy in any way, use that as an excuse to stay inside and be creative!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

LOL love the sentiment and the cute kitty! I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

DEE-lightfully round, Connie! LOL cute kitty, and cute way of using layers of circles! You've really been using so many pretty papers with nesting die cuts lately, and I am enjoying the use of your repetitive layering! I've never thought of doing that, and it looks fabulous in a design! The drama of the black against your pretty pink is always a great touch! Fabulous card, Miss Connie! hugs, de

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Hahahaha - I love it.
Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/




jimlynn said...

Round Cat is adorable! I'd love to just give him a hug. Cute cute card.
Lynn

Arlene said...

Very cute. I love the sentiment - perfect. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

GalFridayStamping said...

Hehe.....adorable! Feed that poor kitty...looks like my Louise! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge blog. Good luck!

Jane DT for  https://colour Crazy Challenge.blogspot.de

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card NanaConnie I love round cat and brilliant sentiment---Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap
Carol DT x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cute 'round' one! Oh yes, I found that one on your side bar as well! So sweet! Love your nestled dies and the cute sentiment. Fun card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOL, sounds like me talking - a fabulous cat and sentiment Connie.
Faith
x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card NanaConnie, love the adorable image and sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap! Hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Love To Scrap
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Lisa Lynn said...

Love this sentiment....feel like I could use it for myself, hehe. Your card is adorable.

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Made me laugh!!! Thanks so much for participating in our SAMI STAMPS challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper